After approximately a year in the making we are pleased to announce the official launch of our new Philippines tour company – Flip Flop Tours, Inc. We have poured a lot of passion and heart into the tour we have created and we believe this will come through at each step along the way!
So what does Flip Flop (Philippines tours) stand for? Well we believe in fun and laid back travel that makes a difference to the local community along the way! Read on!
MISSION To provide travelers with a true “live in the shoes of a Filipino” experience complimented with beach relax time. For them to have an experience that they grow from, and take something of the Philippines back to their own countries. To provide locals with income from tourism which will in turn support various community projects selected by that community. To share this beautiful country with people lucky enough to come with us!
- In 2008 a Kiwi by the name Anna Cleal was transferred to the Philippines for work in Davao, Mindanao and was involved in water related projects in an area south of the city. Despite never having heard much about the Philippines Anna immediately fell in love with the place – the culture, the people, the beaches, everything!
- In 2009 Anna stopped her engineering work and decided to volunteer with an organization called Kiva who are focused on microfinance in developing countries.
- In early 2010 she was sent to the island of Bohol (Philippines) and partnered with an organization Community Economic Ventures, INC, meeting lots of great people from the region.
- This experience, combined with the thought that the Philippines has a lot to teach/show the world, provided the inspiration behind the recently released Philippines tour company FLIP FLOP!
- The Philosophy behind Flip Flop Tours, Inc is to provide meaningful Philippines tours where you can really soak up the way of life of Filipinos. We believe that their positive attitude and friendly optimism is worth sharing with the world and this is what really makes the country unique compared to its asian counterparts. So don’t just come to the Philippines and bounce around beach resorts. While the beaches, diving, snorkeling and underwater life are amazing there is so much more to the country than this.
- At Flip Flop we believe that there are some things you can see in any country, and some things that are especially unique to that country. We aim to showcase what is UNIQUE about the Philippines, that we don’t believe you will have experienced in any other country, in asia, or ANYWHERE. This is why we try not to sight see, but we experience.
- We have created a 12 day tour extravaganza with the above intention. We believe that the tour will be enlightening, surprising, fun, laid back but meaningful!
- We aim to help those coming on the tour,above we also aim to help those who are planning independent travel in the Philippines. While we have set up the tour so that most things are hard to experience without us, for example; fishing with our local friends, basketball games, staying in small communities, cooking lessons, learning how to climb for coconuts, we can still advise you on how to plan your itinerary. We are trying to encourage more travelers to try the Philippines so if we can help you out in any way then please get in touch. We have traveled extensively in the Philippines and know the area very well!!
- We believe that we understand the group of travelers that really want a meaningful experience. So if this is you we strongly encourage you to come with us.
- For now we have decided to focus our efforts in the Visayan region of the Philippines with our 12 day introductory tour. Further down the track we see ourselves expanding to other areas, with the ability to help more communities. We really believe in this country and feel passionate about encouraging more people to come here and spend their money helping out small Philippines communities.
- Our model is simple in that as soon as we have fully funded the chosen project for our communities we will move on from that community. We don’t want them to become dependent on our tourism dollars, nor do we want the experiences of the traveler to be diminished. We aim to work on projects where the community learns a skill, which they can use long after we have departed.
We are so EXCITED about the prospect of showing you around. There are a few ways to get in touch with us. For tour bookings please refer to the “Bookings and Contact” form on our website www.flipfloptours.com, or email our director at email@example.com if you want more information. Our skype address is flipfloptours. Feel free to arrange a time to skype with us, we are very willing to help you out planning your Philippines trip! Travel is an amazing way to change your perspective on life! Don’t miss out!